In the beginning was the word - and the word was thoughtfully chosen. Content marketing is the art of creating unique, high-quality and, above all, useful content for the reader. Texts, images, videos and sound must provide valuable information to the user and be tailored to the needs of the user. What characterizes really good content and how to create content that users reach and ultimately generate leads and sales? We give valuable tips on what you should consider when producing content.
The Digitization of all areas of life has far-reaching consequences for our usage behavior of media. Many people spend a good day and their attention span consuming content from websites. We read online magazines, look at picture galleries and youtube videos, or listen to audiobooks or high quality podcasts. Internet users spend more and more time on content. Content refers to content on the Web, which usually has some kind of information content or entertainment factor.
This means the informative news article as well as the heartwarming cat video that we could watch for hours in an endless loop. Because Internet users - from a business perspective potential customers - love high-quality content, you as an entrepreneur must produce high-quality content. And even more: not only your target group loves good content, that's exactly what search engines like Google, Bing and Co. do. If you want to reach their customers, you also have to convince the search engines of their content. A mature content strategy must therefore be a mainstay of any holistic approach digital communication strategy .
1. Have a Plan: Develop Content Strategy
As so often, everything starts with a good plan. Simply writing in the blue or turning videos usually brings little to high quality publications to create. With the content you want to produce, you are pursuing a clear, strategic goal. Nothing is more important for unique content than clarity: Become aware of what you are planning and where the journey is going. Do you want to promote your brand? Or boost sales of your product? At the very beginning, you should ask yourself a series of questions that you can easily answer as an expert in your field.
- Who is my target audience? Who do I produce content for?
- What content interests my readers the most?
- How do the topics I want to work fit together?
- How can I research relevant topics and keywords for my company?
- How are competitors positioned in these subject areas?
- With what type of content do I best reach my target audience - editorial articles, videos or perhaps more audio contributions?
- What resources (time, money, people) are available to me to create quality content?
- How do I announce my content? On which distribution channels do I use my content to reach my target audience?
The right content planning and strategy is the basis for a successful launch of content that reaches and touches your customers. When you realize where to go, the next step is keyword research.
2. Keyword research for successful posts
From now on it will be really interesting. Let me start with an example to illustrate how you can do keyword research and what that has to do with your content strategy. Imagine operating a smartphone shop in Munich. You've determined that your audience is interested in smartphones. Another target group already owns a smartphone and is looking for repairs for their device. Another requires accessories such as cases or screen protectors. They have an approximate plan for what people are interested in, who like to buy their products. Or they are already advanced and can even develop personas, and in this way further differentiate the buyer groups to get an accurate overview of the people who are interested in your products.
So you want to be found in search engines like Google on the topic "Smartphone". They thus form connections of topics that relate to this topic and are sought by their target group. For example, "buying a smartphone", "buying a smart phone" or "smartphone repair Munich" could be keywords for which you would like to be found in search engines. You can use one of many research programs, such as Semrush, to find many more keywords that your potential customers are looking for. You can use the search volume to see how many people search for a specific term every month. At the end of your research you will have a whole bunch of terms and phrases that people search the web for and you would like to find. Now the work begins: they pick out the most important keywords, form groups with them and write professional texts for their readers - ie the potential customers of their company.
Let unique content for your projects write - send us now a non-binding inquiry!
Let from me and my team produce high quality content or learn it in one Content Seminar or individual coachingHow to create good content yourself that interests your users and leads to interactions and sales of your products.
3. Create editorial plan for new posts
With the key keywords you've identified in your keyword research, you can now build groups that work well together. You can now create an editorial plan from this. You can now think about exciting contributions to each of their keywords and list them on: "Smartphone: How the high-tech gadget has replaced the phone", smartphone repair in Munich: You should consider when choosing their provider, "etc. To a certain extent, you can let your imagination run wild here. The restrictions will be discussed in the next step. To manage their posts, you should now include them in their editorial plan. For example, Zenkit's project management tool can be used to easily create an editorial plan for your blog.
The editorial plan should contain several elements: the name of the post, the focus keyword, the status of the item "idea", "draft", "published", a date, the word count, the link to the article (if available), the author if Several people should write, and a note in which social media channels the post has already appeared. An editorial plan is not rocket science, but rather an expanded overview of what posts are pending, must be written and published.
4. Get started: write high-quality, unique content yourself
Now the work begins - and it does not stop that fast. Because writing good content is not just an art in itself, but also a rather time-consuming affair. For your high-quality articles, you can now research, structure and start to edit. Anyone who wants to start creating texts without a time delay basically needs nothing more than a professional writing program and a little skill for the content that their own target group would like to read.
Write a high-quality article in a text editor of your choice, such as Microsoft Word or one of the many worthwhile alternatives, in which you offer the most comprehensive (holistic) information on the desired topic. Give your readers tangible information that will help them and, if possible, solve a problem. Pure news articles are okay too. However, experience has shown that it is quite clear that there are guides and tips that readers can really use to get started. When writing articles from different genres of texts, there is so much to keep in mind that I have to write a separate article for that to go into detail about it. Those in a hurry should at least stick to some important tips and rules for producing high-quality content.
Important rules for writing content
- Choose an interesting headline with the focus keyword and set it as H1
- Write an introduction in which the focus keyword and the content of the article is presented in a short, crisp and interesting way
- Write at least 300 words - depending on the topic better 600, 1200 or even more words!
- Structure the article into sections of a maximum of 300 words and provide them with subheadings - use H2s for the major sections and H3 to H4 for smaller steps.
- Let the focus keyword occur several times in the text, but not too often! Use synonyms for the focus keyword and write as varied as possible
- Write a conclusion at the end of the text by summarizing their results again.
- Choose a cover image and illustrative images for your article. Do not forget to describe the respective image with an ALT text, taking into account the focus key word.
- Insert tables or graphics where appropriate to illustrate the information in your article.
- Set internal links to other, thematically matching articles and select a matching text anchor.
5. Plan B: Write professional texts and generate unique content!
If, after a few words, you find that creating high-quality, unique content is not as easy as you thought, you can get help from professionals such as Text agency in Hamburg get and write professional texts, Let me and my team produce high-quality content or learn in a content seminar or individual coaching how to create good content that interests your users and leads to interactions and sales of your products.